Wearable Device Design, Development & Manufacturing
Phideas wearable design, development and manufacturing services covers the full product development lifecycle from concept to production and support through component selection, schematics, costing, simulation, mockup design, prototyping, validation, production and support. Our product development lifecycle is compliant with CTA and CCC standards to ensure regulatory, quality and commercial requirements.
System integration in the architecture, minimum costs for software and electronics and maximum flexibility combined with a smooth development process are critical elements. Our electronics design experience essentially covers small, compact, light weight and high performance wearables such as smartwatches or smartbands for real-time applications.
From day one we ensure a full understanding of the products’ purpose and operating environment. We produce an early design concept and top level architecture to frame the development work through a total system engineering approach. To identify potential issues early and give confidence in both architecture and performance we use modelling and simulation.
Optimum Technology Selection
Phideas continuously evaluates the latest mobile and wearable technologies and keeps abreast of advances in design methodologies and tools. For each project we evaluate the leading edge technologies alongside the more standardised proven components and processes. We make sure the most adequate technology choices are made to support the product function, performance, reliability and cost requirements. Our expert knowledge in electronics design delivers exceptional results in demanding applications often with highly restrictive space and power requirements.
System Engineering Skills
- Complete systems design encompassing electronics, software and assemblies
- Structured and Object Orientated Design using UML design methodologies
- Mathematical modelling, analysis and simulation
- Design for EMC compatibility
- Design for test and design for manufacture
- Integration testing and debug
- Re-design for cost reduction
- Validation support
- Hard real-time embedded systems development
Electronics Development Skills
- Embedded DSPs, microprocessors and FPGAs.
- Hard real-time applications.
- Multiprocessor design using microcontroller, SoC and DSP.
- Real-time motion control systems.
- Analogue buffering, filtering and digitization development.
- FLASH, single and multi-port SRAM and DRAM.
- PCB, cable and interconnect design.
- Prototype assembly and debug.
- Proof of concept embedded electronics development and testing.
- Switch mode and linear power supply designs.
- Wearable technology design and development
- System design and development for demanding performance applications
- High speed digital electronics design and simulation
- Complex system and platform architectures
- Complex algorithm development and implementation
- Real-time data, image and sound acquisition and processing
- Mixed signal designs
- Feedfoward and Feedback system design
- Communication systems, digital and analog
- Low power designs, mixed mains and battery operated devices
- Wireless programming and connectivity
Our Track Record
Phideas has a history of designing, developing and delivering robust wearables since 2002 at very competitive costs for various markets such as e-Health and healthcare, fitness and personal tracking markets which include
- SmartWatches for the remote health monitoring of elderly and vulnerable people – see Phideas Watch
- GPS tracking watches for kids
- Smartband fitness trackers